Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SAYING GOODBYE TO A GOOD MAN

SCUBA
Wow pups, that was a tearjerker, Officer Erik Hite’s funeral. I tell you, when they played Amazing Grace on the pipes, I nearly lost it.


KEIKO
I know what you mean; I broke down when the bugler sounded Taps.


NORMAN
Yeah, did you see the Riderless Horse? That brought me to tears.


TOBY
What about when the pipes played Danny Boy? I couldn’t hold back, I had to cry.


On June 10, 2008, United States Air Force Veteran and Tucson Police Officer Erik Hite was laid to rest in Tucson, Arizona. Over 3000 of his family, friends, fellow Airmen and Police Officers attended the service with his final motorcade stretching over three miles. Many Tucsonans lined the streets as the procession past braving the 100 plus degree temperature to bid farewell to a fallen hero who gave his life in the line of duty.


No comments: